Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt-Pistachio Dipped Apricots
Chocolate-dipped apricots are elegant and light snacks especially with tasty pistachios. These bite-sized treats taste and look sophisticated with a mix of unique and great flavors. The salty pistachio touch with dark chocolate provides complexity as well as texture against the chewy apricot. The overall treat is really just a perfect, well-rounded bite Dried apricots are rich in potassium, fiber, Vitamin A and iron. They do not have too much Vitamin C like regular apricots do since Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin and water is taken out of the apricot to essentially dry it. But otherwise, apricots are a nutrient dense food that should be limited to 2-3 at a time given the concentrated sugar content. Also try to purchase the unsulfured apricots, which may be more brown in color. The additive sulfur, used for maintaining color, can be harmful in excessive amounts. If you are making a batch for entertaining, then a sulfured brand would be okay for aesthetics but overall should always choose health over beauty anyway
24 whole dried apricots
1/3 cup toasted pistachios, finely chopped/pulsed in coffee grinder
6 ounces dark chocolate
Pinch of sea salt
1. Melt chocolate in small bowl over saucepan on medium heat.
2. Pulse or finely chop the pistachios. Add sea salt when finished.
3. Hold the apricot by the tip and dip most of the apricot into the melted chocolate making sure to have an even edge.
4. Pat both sides of the chocolate-dipped apricot on the chopped pistachios, covering both sides with nuts.
5. Place the apricot on a plate with waxed paper, and repeat for the remaining apricots.
6. Place in the refrigerator to set the chocolate for approximately 15 minutes.